Saturday 8 September 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Hi there! I have been teaching for 8 years, from Pre-K to Grade 9 and I am passionate about teaching. Currently I am teaching a Prep/1 composite... it's a lot of fun, extremely rewarding and VERY busy!

I decided to start blogging because it is such a wonderful way to network ideas. Teaching is such a sharing profession - and lets face it, we need all the support we can get from each other!

I am located in Australia and we are in the beginnings of a National Curriculum - another good reason to start blogging and looking for ideas! I should also explain that my state begins with Kindergarten (which is 3 days a week, for children turning 5 in that calendar year), then Prep is the first full time year of school (children turning 6). I chose the name Kindergarten Blossoms because in many other countries our Prep is equivalent to Kindergarten so I didn't want to confuse anyone. I chose the word Blossoms because of the amazing growth that I see in every single child throughout the year.

I am going to begin this blog by sharing some photos of my classroom and current displays and activities.

Please comment or email me - I would love to hear from you!













1 comment:

  1. Liz, look forward to following your blog. I am a teacher myself who worked with Geoff for many years. If you get a chance - you can always look me up at http://meredithoc.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete