Wednesday 17 October 2012

Mathletics - online maths program

Does anyone use Mathletics as part of their math teaching? Our school subscribes to it and I admit that I was a bit overwhelmed by it at the beginning of the year. Plus, my preps (kinder) were no where near ready to be using such a word-filled computer program. I am not really keen on 5 year olds having too much screen time either.

Anyway, after being shown by another teacher how to set tasks and view reports I am now loving it.

Go here for more information:
www.mathletics.com

I am not endorsing this website at all, I am blogging about it because I think it looks helpful. It correlates directly to the curriculum standards too.

2 comments:

  1. We started using Mathletics this year. I find it ok, but wish it was more user friendly. We give out awards on parade for students earning silver and gold awards and the preps and year 1's have earned more than any another year level! A lot of home support I think!

    Kylie
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it could be a bit more user friendly - it's a very busy site. The preps and 1s need a lot of extra support - there is a lot of reading to be done, plus I have teach them how to enter their passwords.
      We give out the awards in assembly too.

      Delete