Saturday 18 May 2013

Wizard of Oz

We read a picture book version of the Wizard of Oz and then watched the classic Judy Garland movie. The kids LOVED it!
It was a great way to introduce the concepts of character and setting.

For this artwork, I divided up a large piece of cartridge paper in quarters using masking (painters) tape. Then in each quarter the children drew a different setting using oil based pastels. There are a lot of colour themes in the book! Glinda's castle is pink/red, Emerald City is green, the Yellow Brick Road, and the Rainbow.

Then a dye wash over the drawing. Peel off the masking tape. Ta da!



3 comments:

  1. hello from a new follower, fellow aussie teacher and blogger :) I am so excited to find your page and look forward to reading through your blog!

    Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Kylie! :) I'll go check yours out now!

      Delete
  2. I can't access your blog :(I think your settings must be set to private!

    ReplyDelete